Saturday 23 March 2019

Saturday Toronto: Moose in Toronto

One of the regrets of my life is that I never was able to get a New Hampshire bumper sticker for my mother's wheel chair: "I brake for moose."  We were never in the right place at the right time, and then it was too late.

Carpe diem, I guess.  And perhaps it's in that spirit that we went to Toronto last week: it's slightly south of Montreal and the idea was that it might be warmer.  It was, and by the end of our stay on Friday there even were a few green blades of grass peeking out of the winter dross.  But one of the high points was this moose in front of the Lucky Charm Moose Village Market, quite splendidly decked out for, perhaps, a Chinese holiday (after all the New Year wasn't that long ago.)

There's Lee waiting for more patiently, out in front, before we sauntered down to the train station to come back.  Time well spent...

1 comment:

lagatta à montréal said...

Oh that is lovely. Unfortunately the large new complex (Swatow) in our old Chinatown is not very successful and rather sad. And it is hard to get to Brossard. I have good Southeast Asian shops nearby, but not large enough to get the same ambiance. I haven't been to Toronto for some years, though I love taking the train.