Friday 4 January 2008

Saturday Photo: 7 a.m., Sunday, January, Toronto

Well, actually the picture was taken about a year ago--there is more snow in Toronto this January, I gather. But it was 7 a.m. on a Sunday and I'd gone out for a walk early: I was in town for some meetings that weekend, and the thought of sitting several hours more in a hotel conference room was pretty depressing.

There weren't many people out, and no one else skating on the rink at Nathan Phillips Square. The man went round and round, not doing anything particularly spectacular but obviously enjoying having the ice to himself.

I came across my skates in the back of the closet a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for an extra knitted cap. Perhaps I should get them out and try out the ice at our local outdoor rinks which have been in operation since mid-December.

No comments: