Saturday 18 April 2009

Saturday Photo: It's Over, But Winter Did Have Its Moments

A light rain fell for most of the night which has done wonderful things to the grass. Lawns were much greener this morning than they were yesterday. Although the snow has been gone nearly everywhere in town for a week--the last bit has just melted in our backyard--warm, sunny weather seems to have slowed the growth of grass. Too much of a good thing, perhaps. But April showers are working their magic at last.

Before we put away all our winter things and thoughts, however, I thought I'd post this picture, taken in December. The cold season has its beauties, too, and perhaps in this climate we appreciate what we have all the more because of the contrasts.

P.S. Gasp! After looking at the published blog I see I made one of the errors I rant about: confusing the contraction "it's" with the possessive "its." The mistake has been corrected, but just in case you noticed: my apologies

1 comment:

Jack Ruttan said...

It's good you apologized! Or maybe it makes you an Official Internet Writer, because I still see that error more often than not.

Gosh, my "captcha" word below is almost a dirty one: "vaggisms."