Monday 10 February 2014

Saturday Photo: Mile End's Secret Forest

I know, I know, this is not one of my photos, and it's Monday, not Saturday.  But this morning was the first in a week that I've been out walking, so I went ot check out the lovely "Secret Forest" that some Mile End residents put up a couple of weeks ago.

The idea was to liberate Christmas trees put out for recycling by "planting" in the disused space near the railroad tracks in Mile End that has become an very special sort of urban park.  For a while I thought our tree, put on Jan. 6 and gone the next morning a week before the regular recyclers came around, might figure among the trees which line a desire line across the space.  But they were all too small (and besides one of my contacts says that they went tree rustling after Jan. 6)  The result is quite delightful, and I'd like to think that there is perhaps a really "secret forest" somewhere in which our trees is spending the winter.

No comments: