Thursday 18 March 2010

News from the Soderstrom/Nivon Front, and Cute Baby Pix

I've just spent a half hour of time I don't have trying to upload a picture that Elin has on her Facebook profile: check it out. The occasion is the announcment that she and Emmanuel are expecting a little one in mid-August. We've known since Christmas Eve, actually, but there is no way to go more public than on Facebook.

The picture that I was trying to post, though, is of her at about a year. She was the cutest thing, and so bright and cheerful. I only hope that Elin and Emmanuel's sweetie will be as marvelous as ours. (Lukas was great too, but I'll save an elegy to his infancy until he and Sophie get around to reproducing.)

Needless to say this will mean some changes in the lives of many people, not least of them Lee. He currently is the basement planing boards for a chest of drawers/changing table he's started for the Crevette/Shrimp, as they're calling it at the moment. I had hoped to get him to come to Portugal with me in May or June but he says he can't because he's got to finish the project by late July at the very latest.

Photo: The wood for the project drying in the basement.

2 comments:

lagatta à montréal said...

Oooh, first grandchild!

I'll save congratulations to all for the actual delivery/birth, but wonderful news.

Is your old cat still with you?

Mary Soderstrom said...

Thanks for the good wishes: we're rather pleased.

And, yes, Calie is still hanging in there. Every time I buy food or medication for her I wonder how much I should buy, but so far she's lived to run out of everything!

M