Tuesday 14 September 2010

Under Attack: Action Needed to Save Canada's Universally Accessible Health Care System

I haven't had a chance to look at this closely, but I have grave doubts about the OECD report that apparently calls for user fees in Canada's health care system. This has got to be idealogically driven conclusions, and should be carefully considered and discredited.

The whole thing--coupled with yesterday's report on the benefits of pharmacare and an incident in our own family where user fees might have dissuaded a timely visit to a hospital emergency room--have got me thinking about ways to set up a coalition of people who want to gets some action on saving Canada's health care system from the constant, neo-Con attack it has been under for some time. So I've started another blog, and will set up a Face Book page. There's nothing on the blog now, but I plan on posting links to interesting documents and commenting frequently. May also set one up in French with much the same content. Check it out, and if you'd like to get involved, let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I don't think Canadians realize what is going on behind closed doors at the Health Ministers meetings yesterday and today.

You are absolutely correct about your suspicions. I'm on the run, but am looking forward to anything you post in the new blog.

Pegnancy Miracle said...

Like the ability for the doctor to be able to make the best decision for/with patients. It seems like a loosing battle.